Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Reading History

Reading has always been very painful for me. I have always had to exert a lot of effort to stay focus, and to comperhend what I've read. Spelling and pronoucing words correctly has also been a huge inconvenience for me as well, I often find it necessary to incorporate the use of a dictionary in my reading, and that disrupts my flow. The reasons that I classify my efforts to read as painful is because my reading inability is very frustrating for me, and not being able to read well has also diminished my confidence. Some how I tested very well in English on the assessment test when I decided that I wanted to return to school, however; despite so, I decided to take English 28 anyway becuase I consciously knew I didn't read well. In addition to excelling in 28, I also did very well in both 101, and 103. I often joked about my english success as being like playing music by ear, I had to wrote my essay's basic on sound, I never really knew the technical aspect of grammer. But it was no joke about the fact that the further I preceeded into my Community College curriculum, the more difficult it became. And it has also become painfully obvious that I will not be successful at an University level unless my reading improved.

1 comment:

  1. Malcolm you are well on your way to success. Successfully completing all of the courses listed is an accomplishment. Knowing what you don't know is half the battle. It sounds like you need to do develop your critical thinking and reading skills. Don't doubt yourself so much. You've made it this far.

    ReplyDelete