Friday, May 18, 2012

Reading 25 Reflection


           I remember describing reading for me as being very painfuly in my Reading History blog . Perhaps thetrauma from the years of my reading complications have left me scar for life, because I still experience some pains when I read. However, with the techniques that I learned in Reading 25, the pains aren’t as extreme. I find myself a little less uncomfortable, and for the first time that I can recall, I volunteer to read aloud in class. In the past I would miraculously develop a case of the stutters whenever I was forced into a situation where I had to read aloud to a group of people. I know I have some issues, I am too structured, and mechanical, and systematic, and when I'm unable to be in control of self-behaviors it's extremely stressful. The truth is, I will probably never read purely for the enjoyment of it, but the necessity to be able to read something, and to understand what I’ve read is imperative. I feel now, that after taking Reading 25 that I have now acquired some methods and skills to help me comprehension what I’ve read a little better.
          Reading 25 is possibly one of the most productive classes that I’ve taken since my return to the classroom. I sincerely wish I would have had the opportunity to take this class at the beginning of my college venture. I know for fact, had I’d taken Reading 25 earlier in my studies, I would have easily avoided some of the complications that I faced in my curriculum. Many of the courses that I have taken were necessary to completion my Associates in Art, but they are most likely education I will never use again in life. Needless to say, the reading techniques I acquired in Reading 25 do not fit into that category. I will continue to practice dissecting a paragraph and identifying all the intricate details of everything I read.

1 comment:

  1. You expressed yourself well. Thank you for sharing so candidly. I teach reading because I realize its importance in our lives. I am overjoyed to know that you have been empowered by this experience.

    ReplyDelete